Please Familiarize yourself with and follow all NM Traveler Health Guidelines.
From the Ski Valley! 12.9.2020
Our plan has been approved by the state and we’re excited to announce we will be open for Passholder Appreciation days on December 9th and 10th.
We open to the public starting Friday, December 11th. Day tickets must be purchased ahead of time on our website: https://www.skitaos.com/tickets-passes/day-tickets-0
Please help us stay open all winter by remembering your mask and keeping at least 6' of physical distance from those not in your party.
We can’t wait to see you up here and welcome skiers and riders back for the 2020-21 season.
New drop off area, no shuttles
Arrive together, ride lifts together
Cashless resort, bring credit cards
Review and acknowledge the Taos Pledge
Carry your own water, sunscreen, snacks, etc.
No indoor gathering spaces. Stay home if you're not skiing
Properly fitting masks must be worn at all times
Leave 6 feet of distance between individuals
Gatherings must remain under 5 total individuals
Cottam's and Alpine Xtreme Ski Shops
Cottam's located in the Alpine Village and The Alpine Xtreme Ski Shops located within the Edelweiss will still be offering complete rental services for skis and snowboards and 20% discount for our guests (reserve HERE for an automatic discount). Advanced reservations will be crucial this year as we endeavor to avoid and/or minimize the need for face to face contact. Alpine has requested that all reservations be paid in full prior to arrival to speed the process and minimize contact (note that all deposits/payments for equipment rentals are fully refundable for cancellations). All Alpine Xtreme and all other Cottam’s Ski Shops will not offer overnight equipment storage for multi day rentals.
SnowMansion Deposit/Cancellation Policies for Winter 2020/21
All Reservations are subject to the policies and guidelines set forth below.
- All reservations will be secured with a credit card and an advanced deposit equal to 50% of the total projected stay value.
- For all holiday season reservations (Dec. 19-Jan. 6 and March 6-20) the advanced deposit will be non-refundable. The balance for holiday period reservations is due and non-refundable 14 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- For all other periods any cancellation made up to 15 days prior to your scheduled arrival, 10% of the paid deposit or $35 (+tax) whichever is larger will be non-refundable. For cancellations made 14 days or less prior to your arrival, the full 50% deposit is non-refundable.
Special Covid-19 Cancellation Policies: We understand that these are uncertain times and that planning a trip is more complicated than ever. With that in mind, the following special Covid related policies will be in effect for all coming winter season reservations:
- In the event of a voluntary or mandated closure of the SnowMansion or the Taos Ski Valley resort operations for safety reasons, credit for a future stay will be provided.
- In the event that a guest must cancel their reservation due to Covid-19 illness in the party or a status change of a party member to high-risk, a credit for a future stay will be provided.
- Changing arrival and/or departure dates or unit types may be considered a cancellation subject to the policies stated above.
- There are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures regardless of circumstances.
- All guests’ reservations will require agreement to and adherence to the SnowMansion “Covid Social Contract and Waiver”(Below) provided at the time of booking.
While this season’s visit will be unlike any ski vacation you have ever had, our community believes that we can still create the environment for a safe and fun ski vacation. Things will be different but by now we are all well used to that, and willing to do what it takes to be able to safely enjoy a ski vacation that is needed more than ever before. With your help and careful planning (and some sacrifices all around) we can make this winter as safe, enjoyable, and spectacular as a Taos ski vacation always is!
This is what we know now and is subject to change. We will do our best to keep you informed with changes as they occur.
SnowMansion Covid Social Contract: Winter 2020/21
In order to maintain a safe environment for our staff and visitors alike, and to comply with all State and local regulations and guidelines, the SnowMansion is asking all potential guests to read and agree to the terms of our “Covid Social Contract” as presented here. This contract provides information to guests on what to expect from the SnowMansion and its staff during a visit as well as what the SnowMansion expects of its guests.
As required by the State of New Mexico, all SnowMansion Staff will wear face coverings, observe appropriate distancing measures, practice appropriate personal hygiene, and will be screened daily for symptoms and asked to remain home if ill. The SnowMansion cleaning staff is also following new operational protocols to assure the highest levels of sanitation at our property.
The following are a few changes to our normal procedures designed to assure your safety and a successful and healthy visit to our beautiful mountain community. We will only stay open if we can continue to keep the virus at bay and we can only do that with your understanding and cooperation.
While we have always enjoyed social interaction with our guests, our goal this summer is to minimize the need for face to face contact with our guests. Whenever possible credit card details will be taken by phone and key packets will be left out for guests to pick up for “self‐ check in”. Upon your departure, the credit card on file will be charged for any open balance and a copy will be emailed to the email on file. Key cards can be left in the room and there will be no need to interact with our staff for check out.
In adherence to current New Mexico Public Health guidelines, there will be no daily housekeeping services and staff will not enter the unit during a guest’s stay except for an emergency or to address an urgent maintenance issue. Linens and towels will only be changed if requested whereupon fresh linens/supplies will be provided outside the unit with the guests being required to change the linens within the unit if desired. Contact telephone/text numbers will be provided for such requests. The SnowMansion is following the Enhanced Hotel Cleaning Guidelines of the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
Limited Property Services
Some services and facilities normally available to SnowMansion guests will not be offered this winter in order to conform to State mandated “best practices” and to minimize face to face interactions and the opportunities for the spread of infection. Please note that the following will not be available to our visitors this winter:
- There will be no breakfast service.
- Kitchen Must be reserved at no extra cost and can only be used by 1 guest at a time who must wear a mask, wash hands and wash and sanitize all non-disposable items used by guest before and after using them. All dining must be done in the room or outside.
- The SnowMansion interior comman areas are for transit too and from guest rooms only.
- Nearly all communication with SnowMansion will be via telephone and a centralized texting service for ease and rapid response.
What we expect from you!
All guests of the SnowMansion this winter will be required to follow the following protocols:
- Do not visit if any member of your party is ill or is known to have been directly exposed to a confirmed Corona Virus infected party within two weeks of a planned stay,
- Always wear a proper face covering when in public areas of the property,
- Follow appropriate physical distancing practices, maintaining a six foot distance from other guests and staff members,
- Do not linger in interior common areas.
- Practice appropriate personal hygiene including frequent washing of hands with soap and water.
Only with your support and cooperation can we maintain a safe environment for our guests and staff alike. By making a reservation, paying a deposit, checking in to the SnowMansion, or signing this form, you attest to your willingness to abide by these and any other reasonable requests designed to prevent the spread of Covid‐19 and other infectious diseases. You are also affirming that you will assure that all members of your party will do the same.
Guest Name:_________________________ Signature: ___________________________ Date: ___________
Assumption of the Risk, Hold Harmless and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID‐19
The novel coronavirus, COVID‐19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID‐19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person‐to‐ person contact. It is believed that an individual can be in infected with COVID-19 without their knowledge and be asymptomatic. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
The SnowMansion is committed to following all relevant CDC Guidelines and Mandates from the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) as well as the required and recommended COVID Safe Practices (CSPs) certified by the New Mexico Governor’s Office. However, neither the management, ownership or staff of the SnowMansion can guarantee that you, or any of your child(ren), family members or friends that your come in contact with will not become infected with COVID‐19 as a result of your stay at the SnowMansion. Any time you choose to leave your home and interact with people on a social or professional level, you increase your risk of exposure to COVID‐19.
By making a reservation, paying a deposit and checking into the SnowMansion, whether or not physically signing this form, I, on behalf of myself and all members of my party for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I am aware of the COVID-19 pandemic and related governmental orders, directives and guidelines, including directives for social distancing and use of face masks in all public locations. I acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID‐19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC, NMDOH and other state and local guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
2. I am aware that all activities related to my use of the services and facilities of the SnowMansion are occurring in a public location and are potentially hazardous activities as a result of the COVID‐19 pandemic.
3. I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID‐19, agree to follow the COVID Safe Practices (CSPs) that the SnowMansion is following and voluntarily assume the risk that any spouse, family member or friend of mine that I come in contact with may be exposed to or infected by COVID‐19 as a result of my choice to utilize the services and facilities provided by this business/organization. I further acknowledge and understand that any exposure to COVID‐19, as a result of my activities on the premises of the SnowMansion, could result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death to myself or any child(ren), family members or friends of mine that I come in contact with after exposure.
4. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID‐19 at the SnowMansion may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, employees, management as well as other patrons and their families. I further voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any COVID‐19 related injury to myself, my child(ren), family members or friends (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, or expense, of any kind) in connection with use of the services and facilities of this business/organization.
5. With all of the potential risks to myself and others in mind, I hereby assert that it is my express intent that this Assumption of the Risk, Hold Harmless and Waiver of Liability Agreement shall bind any assignees and representatives, and shall be deemed to RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself, and any minor children for whom I have the capacity contract) the SnowMansion, its owners, officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (the “RELEASEES”) from any liability related to COVID‐19 which might occur as a result me being on the premises of the SnowMansion or using any services or facilities provided by the SnowMansion.
6. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements) arising from, out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, any COVID‐19 infection, illness or injury arising from my use of the services and facilities of the SnowMansion.
7. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent. I agree that this Wavier of Liability shall be governed by and construed in accordance with New Mexico law, and that if any of the provisions hereof are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Wavier of Liability as a whole.
8. I also accept acknowledge that this waver was expressly negotiated as and is a material inducement to the permission granted by Releases to be on the premises of the SnowMansion and to use the services and facilities provided by the SnowMansion.
I acknowledge and represent that I have read the foregoing Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability and that I understand it and by making a reservation, paying a deposit, checking into the SnowMansion, or signing this form, I voluntarily of my own free will and agree no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made. I further assert and acknowledge that I am entering this Agreement after full, adequate and complete consideration, fully intending to be bound by same.
Guest Name:_________________________ Signature: ___________________________ Date: ___________